Monday, June 16, 2014

Fruit and Nut White Chocolate Bark-MMMmmm Monday

 photo d8a57538-71a9-4114-b30a-9b834c42c06d_zps09ccb279.jpg

While driving to one of my many destinations, I was talking with my sister Carri on the (hands-free) phone.  I was concentrating on the road until Carri started telling me about this yummy white chocolate bark she had just made.  I have to admit I was distracted for a moment.  Luckily I was about to park the car before I started conjuring up this yummy chocolate recipe in my mind.  As luck would have it I just happened to be right next to a Sunflower Market (the land of nuts and fruits!) so I immediately went inside and bought the ingredients for this scrumptious white chocolate snack.  I am trying to eat healthy snacks...does this count?



Fruit and Nut White Chocolate Bark

Ingredients
2 pkgs. white chocolate chips (I prefer Guittard)
1 cup dry roasted almonds
1 cup salted cashews
1 cup dried apricots (cut in small pieces)
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup yogurt covered cranberries
Sea Salt

Directions
Mix all fruit and nuts in a bowl.  Set aside.  Melt white chocolate chips in microwave (2 min.) and then spread onto parchment covered cookie sheet.  Sprinkle fruit and nut mixture over the top of chocolate.  Sprinkle with sea salt.  Let bark set and become firm (several hours) and then crack to create bark.  Store in refrigerator.

*Substitute your favorite nuts and fruits.



 photo Kelliesign.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment