Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Strawberry Spring Salad

This salad is the bomb!!! (is this term still used by kids these days?) Well, I don't care, it is. I got this recipe from my friend Pam who got it from her sister-in-law Michelle. She graciously has allowed me to share it with you. You are so lucky! Your life will never be the same after you eat this delicious, quick and easy to make salad. You think I'm kidding? I'm not.  

Strawberry Spring Salad

1 bag spring mix
1 pkg sliced strawberries
1/4 sliced red onion
1 pkg candied pecans or almonds (sugar them yourself instead of buying. It's easy and tastes so much better)
1 pkg Feta or 1 log Goat cheese (I used to always use feta, but I really prefer goat cheese with it now)
Dressing:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
dash pepper
10 dashes Lousiana Hot Sauce

Prepare dressing and refrigerate. Prepare salad and mix all ingredients. Shake and mix dressing right before serving so salad doesn't get soggy. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment