Thursday, August 20, 2015

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Hi Friends! I was getting a little treat ready for some ladies I visit teach and thought I would share this yummy recipe we got long ago from one of Kellie's friends. Its the best banana bread I think there is! For those of you who are not LDS, Visiting Teaching is something that the women of our church do every month. We are assigned a few ladies in our wards to go and visit and to fellowship and help them where we can. Sometimes that is being a listening ear, a meal to fix, a baby to watch or a house to clean. Visiting teaching is a wonderful way to serve others.

 Banana Bread
2/3 cup Shortening
1 cup sugar
Mix and add 4 eggs
Mix and add 1 cup flour
Mix and add 2 cups blended banana
Mix and add 1 cup flour
Mix and add 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt
Mix and add 1 cup flour
Mix and add 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 cup flour
Mix and add 1 bag milk chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes loaf pans or 22 minutes muffin tins

I found the August 2015 Visiting Teaching Message already made cute on this blog. I just printed it and attached it to the bread. I wrapped the bread in saran wrap and tied a piece of 2x12 scrapbook paper around the loaf. 






No comments:

Post a Comment