Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Red & White Pasta

My friend, Nita made this for me and my family when I sick a few months ago. It was so delicious! 
I had to share!

Ruby's Red & White Pasta
1/2 cup butter
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 pint heavy cream
1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb Penne pasta
1 jar spaghetti sauce
shredded mozzarella
Start cooking pasta. In seperate pan, melt butter on medium/low heat
 when melted, add cream cheese and garlic powder. whisk together, stir in cream and bring to a boil. Decrease heat and simmer, stirring often . Simmer 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese. 
 Drain Pasta and spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce into 9x13 pan. Mix white Alfredo sauce with drained pasta. Put in dish on top of spaghetti sauce. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce over pasta. Sprinkle Mozzarella, the spaghetti sauce again and then more mozzarella.
 Bake at 350 degrees, covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is fully melted and cheese is bubbly. 
 Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. and my friend Jen made this for my family when i came out of surgery this week. YUMMO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont ask me why my name is hola. no idea. need to fix this ;-)

    ReplyDelete